Watch Me Shrink!     The webs free Diet Tracker

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Day 29, 30 & 31 - Friday, Saturday & Sunday

Things have continued in the right direction...down, down, down.

Friday was a busy day for me and I worked in my attic all day, had Tyler's football game that night and was too busy to get too hungry. :-)

Saturday, Roger and I had to go to Memphis to look at carpet for our house so we took our tea and apples in a small cooler. That works perfectly to keep us from getting so hungry and wanting to cheat. We came home in the early afternoon to fix our lunch which was "fried" chicken and I had grilled onions and Roger had cucumbers.

Because we had such a late lunch, we were ready for dinner before we had to leave for our grandson, Mason's birthday party.

Oh, that was nearly a big mistake! His party wasn't until 6:30 PM and by the time that the kids and rest of the family got ready to eat pizza, pasta salad, chips and dip...we were so hungry. I had to walk outside because the temptation was almost too much.

We ended up leaving before the cake and ice cream. We had gotten so empty and it was a 45 minute drive home. We were trying to decide where we were going to go eat and try our first time at a restaurant since starting this weight loss program.

We had just about decided to eat at Texas Roadhouse and split a steak and a plain salad but we knew that it would be crowded at 7:30 PM.

We opted to Backyard Burger. Roger and I ordered a plain hamburger and a side salad with balsamic vinaigrette dressing. We had our own tea.

When our order was ready...we took off all the other items from the salad and used only 1/2 the dressing. We also removed the meat from the bun before eating.

It was enough to curb the appetite but I can't say that I was full by any means. I decided to come home and go to bed rather than eat any fruit because I wanted to be down the next morning instead of up.

Here is my weight losses/gains over these 3 days:

Friday - up +.4 lbs.
Saturday - down -1.2 lbs.
Sunday - down -1.6 lbs.

I woke up at 5 AM Sunday morning with stomach virus like symptoms. I awoke to extreme nausea and severe stomach cramps. It was a battle until about 8 AM with many trips to the bathroom. By 8:30 AM...I was wore out and went back to bed. I slept until Roger and Tyler got home from church. Well, ok...I slept way later than that...til 12:00 PM.

Roger cooked chicken with tomatoes for my lunch. By that time, I was hungry. I was afraid it would make me sick at my stomach but it didn't. I am going to take it easy the rest of the day.

I have broken through the 180's, 170', 160's and now have entered the 150's. I weighed 158.6 this morning. That will get you excited.

Total weight loss....25 lbs.


  1. Your progress is awesome, love you.

  2. Jennifer,

    Sorry to hear you had the stomach bug. I hope you're feeling better. Congratulations on your weight loss. I don't know if I could have resisted the pizza!

  3. I just found your blog today Jennifer! Congrats on your weight loss!! I've been on weight watcher's now for a couple years. I did reach my goal weight last June 2008, and now I am a lifetime member, but, I have gained back 10 pounds, and am trying to lose my last 10... again! Why can't they come off as easily as they are put on?? I weighed in yesterday at my ww's meeting, and lost 1 1/2 pounds, so, I am on the losing end of it now... the good losing end!! Maintaining one's goal weight can be so very hard!
    I plan on coming back and visiting your blog again, and good luck with your continued weight loss! You're doing really great!!

    ~Lynn/Oklahoma City


Thank you in advance for all the words of encouragement as I travel this journey to a healthier me! Love you all!